Taxi with Car Seats for Chicago and Suburbs
Child Safety Car Seats Available
Ride in Bliss will provide age-appropriate seating for your children, on request and at no charge - we offer free car seats.
The State of Illinois requires that all drivers and passengers be secured in either a safety belt or child safety seat. This applies to all taxi and limousine companies, as well as car sharing services like Uber and Lyft. Most importantly, the law requires mandatory child safety seating for all passengers under the age of 8 and/or under 40 lbs in weight.
Ride in Bliss drivers will ensure that we have new, well-maintained, and appropriately installed safety restraints for each member of your family who needs one.
Seating Types Available
Newborn (0-3 months)
Infants and babies under age 1 and weighing less than 20 pounds should always ride in a rear-facing infant seat or a convertible seat used rear-facing.
Infant (4-8 months)
Children should remain in a rear-facing safety seat until age 2, or until they are at the upper height or weight limit of the seat.
Toddlers (9 months - 6 years)
When a child out- grows a rear-facing safety seat, he or she may transition to a forward-facing seat with a harness system.
School-Age (approximately 4-8 years old)
Children should be secured in a forward-facing safety seat with an internal harness system until they reach the upper height or weight limit allowed by the car seat manufacturer. When a child outgrows the forward-facing seat, he or she may transition to a belt-positioning booster seat.
Pre-Teen (approximately 8-12 years old)
Children should stay in a belt-positioning booster seat until they are tall enough to properly fit in an adult lap/shoulder belt.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer car seats? Yes!
- How much does car seat service cost? Ride in Bliss provides car seats on request at no charge to you. Other companies may charge as much as $10-20 per seat.
- What kind of car seats do you offer? We offer all recommended types of child safety seating, including front-and rear-facing seats, booster seats, and high-backed booster seats.
- Are your car seats preinstalled, or do we have to install them? Ride in Bliss drivers will install all required seats before picking you up at home or at the airport. Every car seat is sanitized prior to each pickup.
- What brand? We use Britax, Cosco, Graco and Chico - Rearward and Forward-facing seats
- Can I also use this service for day trips around an in the city of Chicago? Yes!
Give Us a Call and Arrange for Car Seat Service Today!
Ride in Bliss can’t offer absolute, on-demand Car seat service, but we do have a lot of well-appointed cars – many with car seats already installed. We promise to be as flexible as possible in response to your needs, and we are often able to accommodate last minute requests. Give us a call now and let us make your next trip to the airport easy and safe for the whole family.
You do not need a regular taxi, you need car seat service that you can trust